Franchising Your Business: Quick Tip - Trademark Registration
I would like to discuss with you a quick tip. Are you looking to franchise your business? If so, my question is "do you have a registered trademark"? So the name that you use on your business to identify your products or services with have you filed registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office?
Here's my quick tip if you haven't. You can do a quick search on the web for the United States Patent and Trademark Office or you can go to http://www.USPTO.gov. On the site there is a button for trademark search and you can conduct an informal search to see if your mark, the mark you are using right now, is even capable of protection. Later on when you decide to franchise your business or to file a trademark application there are more formal and extensive paid searches that you should also be conducting but you can start with this and give some serious consideration as to how you are going to protect your trademark.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program