Creating a Franchise System: Why the FDD Preparation Process Matters
Time and again I am reminded of the critical importance of the FDD preparation “process” and why the quality of the FDD preparation “process” will substantively impact the quality of your eventual franchise system.
Defining the FDD Preparation Process
Avoid Generic Franchise Disclosure Documents
- What does your protected territory look like?
- Royalty structures need not be based on a “fixed” percentage of gross sales.
- How important is social media to your business?
- How will your FDD and Franchise Agreement deal with web procurement and distribution of products and services.
- Must every franchise unit conform to uniformity requirements or can you “localize” and “individualize” franchised units?]
How to Expand and Protect Your Business Through Franchising
By Charles Internicola February 5, 2014
Franchise ChannelWhat Our Clients Say About The Internicola Law Firm
- Business Transactions
- Buy a Franchise
- Corporate Counsel
- Firm News
- Franchise Your Business
- Grow Your Franchise
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Start a Franchise
- Do You Need to Have Multiple Locations to Franchise Your Business?
- Don’t Hire a Franchise Consultant if you see these Warning Signs!
- When is the Right Time to Franchise Your Business?
- How to Improve Your FDD Item 19 Financial Performance Representations in 2021 and Beyond (With COVID Impact)
- Should You Create an Education and Training Business Instead of Franchising?