Creating Your Franchise Operations Manual: Step 3
Continuing our 4-part blog series on putting together an effective franchise operation manual, we’re going to discuss the importance of setting up a marketing guideline for franchisees. Once a franchisee understands your business model and goals (Step1), as well as the goods or services you provide (Step 2), you’ll need to give them a plan for attracting customers and promoting the business in a new location.
It is not enough to simply tell your franchisees to get out there and advertise. Since you’ve already laid the groundwork for getting the business up and running, you’ll also want to give them the materials and the tactics for a successful marketing strategy. This can include everything from local marketing requirements and trademark guidelines to pre-approved content for Facebook posts.
Other key elements to include in your operations manual:
- The Role of Direct Mail and Print Media with examples;
- How to Utilize Company Website;
- Approved Content and Campaigns for Social Media;
- The Role of Email Marketing and Newsletters
- How to Use Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Approved Use of Groupon and “Pre-Sale Discount” Sites
- How to Capitalize on Awards and Recognition
- Access to Marketing Materials Online
- Approved Community Involvement Programs
The marketing materials and strategies to include in the franchise manual will depend on the unique elements of your business. Remember, developing an efficient, comprehensive operation manual is an ongoing process. For a thorough evaluation of your franchise manual, please do not hesitate to contact the Internicola Law Firm, P.C. Our knowledgeable business and franchise law attorneys are more than happy to help.
By Charles Internicola February 20, 2015
Franchise ChannelWhat Our Clients Say About The Internicola Law Firm
- Business Transactions
- Buy a Franchise
- Corporate Counsel
- Firm News
- Franchise Your Business
- Grow Your Franchise
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Start a Franchise
- Do You Need to Have Multiple Locations to Franchise Your Business?
- Don’t Hire a Franchise Consultant if you see these Warning Signs!
- When is the Right Time to Franchise Your Business?
- How to Improve Your FDD Item 19 Financial Performance Representations in 2021 and Beyond (With COVID Impact)
- Should You Create an Education and Training Business Instead of Franchising?