Encore Entrepreneurs Gather in Staten Island
Do it better the second time around! If you’re retired and looking to get back into the workforce or tired of working for someone else and want to be the boss, becoming an entrepreneur might be the next step for your career.
On September 24, we took a little trip over to Staten Island for an event called “The Encore Entrepreneur: Your Second Career.” Sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Staten Island Small Business Development Center (SI SBDC), the event brought out a number of experts who guided the crowd through the ins and outs of starting a business.
This informative seminar went over the most important steps to becoming profitable as an entrepreneur. Retirees, laid off employees and a few veterans interested in going into business showed up to learn the basics of entrepreneurship. Topics covered during the event included:
- How to fund your business
- How to create and market a new and growing business
- Revenue generation
- Budgeting considerations
- What media strategy should you create
- Managing the twists and turns of being in business for yourself
“Career transitions and business start-ups are challenging by nature,” said Dean L. Balsamini, director of the Staten Island SBDC. “Fortunately, the journey can be eased with the assistance of experts.”
Entrepreneurs have to start somewhere. If you’re considering becoming your own boss, starting a business or buying a franchise, becoming an entrepreneur can make this dream a reality. Events like “The Encore Entrepreneur: Your Second Career” in Staten Island are a really big help to people just getting into the business world.
If you’ve got the right expectations, pick the right business to go into and commit to working hard, becoming an entrepreneur will change your life. But, before taking any steps, be sure to get in touch with an experienced business attorney. If you’re going into business for yourself, don’t go in alone.
By admin September 28, 2015
Franchise ChannelWhat Our Clients Say About The Internicola Law Firm
- Business Transactions
- Buy a Franchise
- Corporate Counsel
- Firm News
- Franchise Your Business
- Grow Your Franchise
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Start a Franchise
- Do You Need to Have Multiple Locations to Franchise Your Business?
- Don’t Hire a Franchise Consultant if you see these Warning Signs!
- When is the Right Time to Franchise Your Business?
- How to Improve Your FDD Item 19 Financial Performance Representations in 2021 and Beyond (With COVID Impact)
- Should You Create an Education and Training Business Instead of Franchising?