The Importance of Collective Action Clauses: Flexibility for Your Franchise
In “Collective Action Clauses: FDD Flexibility for Franchisors” Charles N. Internicola discussed how collective action clauses – if structured and implemented properly – can add flexibility to your franchise system. Essentially‚ collective action clauses allow a franchisor to implement a new fee or markinging measure (even if such right does not exist in your franchise agreement) if the measure is approved by a majority of franchisees.
If you are a franchisor‚ does your franchise agreement include a collective action clause? If you are looking to franchise your business‚ consider the benefit of collective action clauses and discuss with your franchise lawyer the proper way to implement such a clause into your franchise agreement.
By Charles Internicola October 1, 2012
Franchise ChannelWhat Our Clients Say About The Internicola Law Firm
- Business Transactions
- Buy a Franchise
- Corporate Counsel
- Firm News
- Franchise Your Business
- Grow Your Franchise
- Intellectual Property
- Start a Franchise
- Do You Need to Have Multiple Locations to Franchise Your Business?
- Don’t Hire a Franchise Consultant if you see these Warning Signs!
- When is the Right Time to Franchise Your Business?
- How to Improve Your FDD Item 19 Financial Performance Representations in 2021 and Beyond (With COVID Impact)
- Should You Create an Education and Training Business Instead of Franchising?