What Can I Expect to Find In a Franchise Agreement?
If you plan to start a franchise in New York‚ when you make your decision to buy the franchise‚ you will need to sign a franchise agreement. This is the legal document that binds you to the business franchisor.
In the franchise agreement‚ you will find things such as:
- An outline of the relationship between you and the franchisor;
- Guidelines that you will be required follow‚ including the rules of operation;
- Rules on how you will use the franchise name‚ as well as the marketing and advertising procedures that you will be required to follow;and
- Rules for property maintenance and upgrades that must be made your new franchise location.
Before receiving the franchise agreement‚ you will receive a document called the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). The FDD will tell you about the franchisor's business history and background‚ including any lawsuits or bankruptcies they experienced.
If you are comfortable with the information you receive in the FDD‚ you can proceed to the franchise agreement. Before you sign a franchise agreement‚ you should go over the terms and conditions with a New York franchise lawyer. A lawyer can help you avoid the missteps of starting a franchise in New York.
If you are interested in starting a franchise in New York‚ visit our article library to learn more about what is included in a franchise agreement.
As an entrepreneur who is interested in franchising a business‚ there is a lot you need to know. For a limited time‚ get this FREE book on franchising a business The Revised Franchise Formula: A Guide to Franchising your Business in the New Economy. Offering expert help in New York‚ New Jersey and nationwide‚ New York franchise attorney Charles N. Internicola is ready to answer your questions about franchise‚ national and international trademarks‚ and any critical business matters that may arise. Contact us today – 1-800-976-4904
By Charles Internicola July 30, 2010
Franchise ChannelWhat Our Clients Say About The Internicola Law Firm
- Business Transactions
- Buy a Franchise
- Corporate Counsel
- Firm News
- Franchise Your Business
- Grow Your Franchise
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Start a Franchise
- Do You Need to Have Multiple Locations to Franchise Your Business?
- Don’t Hire a Franchise Consultant if you see these Warning Signs!
- When is the Right Time to Franchise Your Business?
- How to Improve Your FDD Item 19 Financial Performance Representations in 2021 and Beyond (With COVID Impact)
- Should You Create an Education and Training Business Instead of Franchising?