What Is The Large Document That Needs To Be Reviewed Prior To Buying A Franchise?
The large document (200+ pages) that should be reviewed prior to purchasing a franchise is the Franchise Disclosure Document ("FDD"). This document contains information about the specific franchise you are interested in purchasing however due to its length and the legal components in this document that pose potential problems for a franchisee should a problem arise in the future most people who are purchasing a franchise prefer a franchise lawyer to review the FDD for them.
At The Internicola Law Firm, P.C. we review the FDD for you in fine detail and then create a letter to the franchisor explaining the changes we want to make. The changes we request be made to the FDD are changes that will protect and benefit you as the franchisee.
To get started with the process of having a FDD reviewed or to learn more about the process call (800) 976-4904 or fill out our contact form.
If You're Considering Buying A Franchise We Recommend Following These Steps
- REQUEST a copy of "An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise";
- REVIEW our database of articles concerning "buying a franchise";
- CONTACT a franchise lawyer.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program