The Franchisee University Young Entrepreneur Scholarship
"Entrepreneurs are the backbone of America and despite the struggles that have been put in front of them…Entrepreneurs fight back and overcome. They grow their businesses, they create value and they create jobs. As a nation much will depend on the "next generation", those current high school students and how they advance entrepreneurial principals in their lives and, in doing so, how they benefit themselves, their communities and their employees."
- Charles N. Internicola, National Business and Franchise Lawyer and Franchisor
Announcing the 2015 Winner: Mbalu F. from Westchester Square Academy
Requirements for Eligibility
The Franchisee University Young Entrepreneur Scholarship is open to all high school seniors in Staten Island, New York. Since entrepreneurship is not about conformity and since it is never late to choose a new path, there are no GPA requirements for those who wish to participate. However you must plan on attending college upon graduation or plan on establishing your own business. You must also understand that this is a serious competition and the reward - that spark of entrepreneurship that may lead to many future successes and setbacks - outweighs the $500 scholarship being offered.
Students who apply will receive a free copy of "Success For Teens: Real Teens Talk about Using the Slight Edge" by the Editors of the SUCCESS Foundation provided by The Internicola Law Firm, P.C. and relate the principals advanced in the book to their own lives and steps that they plan on taking to achieve success in their own lives.
Some topics that should be considered include:
- After reading Success for Teens do you believe that the lessons and principals discussed in the book can make a positive impact in your life?
- What are the most powerful principals and lessons that really stuck with you (maybe even surprised you) and how will you apply them in your life?
- What does being an entrepreneur mean to you and how will you apply the principals and lessons from Success for Teens in becoming a future entrepreneur and building a business than can have a favorable impact for you and your community?
- Give specific, real world examples of entrepreneurs who have applied the principals that you learned in Success for Teens and how they achieved success and overcame obstacles.
- Tell us what you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
Detail and Extras
Submissions need to be in writing and should be between 4 - 10 pages double spaced. Quality matters more than quantity but be bold and go the extra mile. Along with your essay, you may also submit a supplemental video with your essay. The video must be related to your essay and must support or further advance the points or message that you are making in the essay. A video is not required, but is recommended. The video should be between 1 - 2 minutes. If a video is submitted, it may be posted on https://www.franchiselawsolutions.com and/or our social media pages.
Be creative and have fun!
Deadline to Submit
May 1, 2015
How To Apply
Fill out the required information below. Feel free to use information provided by Franchisee University by visiting www.LearnTheTruthAboutFranchising.com or blogs and articles at www.franchiselawsolutions.com for extra references.
Submit your essay and, if applicable, video to EntrepreneurScholarship@gmail.com. You may also submit your essay and DVD or CD of your video by mail to: The Internicola Law Firm, P.C., 1000 South Avenue, Suite 104, Staten Island, NY 10314.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program