What Do I Need to Do to Become a Franchisor?
To become a franchisor you will need to be the owner of a successful business and have a system in place is replicable and that easily allows you to train and support other people interested in buying a franchise from you. After you have established that franchising is right for you there are documents you will need to have created and laws you will need to make sure you are abiding by. The documents you need to franchise your business consist of an operations agreement, franchise agreement, franchise disclosure document (FDD), audited financial statements, business plan, marketing plan, trademark registration, and, in some instances, a franchise registration application with supporting documents (varies by state).
For additional information about franchising your business we recommend “How to Franchise Your Business”
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program