How Long Does It Take for a Franchise Registration Application to Be Processed in California?
Under the California Franchise Investment Law, you should receive a response to your franchise registration application within 15 business days. The California Department of Business Oversight is charged with examining and reviewing registration applications. The Department’s staff is extremely thorough. Within the 15-day period you will typically receive a notice addressing your application, any deficiencies in your application, and a notification as to any requirements imposed by the Department.
Since the Department is extremely responsive, delay in your initial registration may have to do with deficiencies in your FDD or application. So, be sure to carefully review California's registration and disclosure guidelines. To review California’s franchise registration requirements in more detail, click here.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program