What Are Collective Action Clauses In Franchise Agreements?
Collective action clauses allow a franchisor to implement unanticipated marketing programs and fees. The marketing initiative is put to a vote by franchisees where majority approval is obtained. Once this is approved, all franchisees are bound to the new measure (this includes the franchisees who voted against the action). When Collective Action Clauses are structured and implemented in the proper way they add flexibility to franchise agreements and the development of a franchise system.
Continue to read about other popular topics for franchisors.
For additional information about franchising your business or for information about expanding your franchise, call (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program