What Is Disclosed in FDD Item 21 (Financial Statements)?
FDD Item 21 requires the disclosure of a franchisor’s financial statements. As a general rule (subject to certain limited exceptions for start-up franchisors), franchisors are required to disclose and include audited financial statements for the three most recent fiscal years. Your audited financial statements should include:
- Balance Sheet;
- Multi-Year Statement of Operations;
- Shareholders' Equity Statement; and
- Cash Flow Statements.
Learn more about Item 21, financial statements that you must include in your FDD and start-up franchisor phase-in exemptions.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program