What Is a Franchise Compliance Program?
Franchise compliance programs are the business, legal, and franchise sales systems and procedures implemented by a franchisor to ensure and document compliance with the Federal Franchise Rule and state-specific franchise and business opportunity laws. As a franchisor, you should be working with your business and legal teams to establish systems and procedures as to the following franchise compliance items:
- Preparing and maintaining a current and updated franchise disclosure document (FDD);
- Maintaining your state-specific FDD registrations, filings, and renewals;
- Documenting compliance with the FDD and agreement disclosure periods;
- Documenting and enforcing franchise sales processes and rules to be followed by your franchise sales team;
- Developing and maintaining your operations manual.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program