Does New York Require Franchise Registration?
Yes. In addition to the Federal Franchise Rule and the regulations established by the Federal Trade Commission a franchisor must register its Franchise Disclosure Document with the New York Attorney General prior to offering or selling a franchise in the State of New York. For more information about the franchise registration states, see "What are the franchise Registration States".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program