Is Franchising Right for Your Business?
As a successful business owner and entrepreneur chances are that you have thought about "franchising" and have questioned whether or not franchising is right for your business. So what is the next step? Information. That is, you must adopt an "information gathering mindset" that is focused on obtaining objective information to understand franchising, learn what it takes to franchise your business, identify the common "franchise pitfalls" that must be avoided and objectively assess whether or not your business is ready to take this next step. Along the way you need to know that franchising is not right for most businesses. However, for the right business - a business with well defined systems, trademarks, and a successful product or service - franchising represents a substantial vehicle for achieving multi-unit brand and business expansion.
When evaluating franchising, it is important to adopt a "franchising mindset" and assess whether or not franchising is right for you. We recommend reading the following articles for more information about franchising:
- How to Franchise Your Business
- The Decision to Become a Franchisor: What to Evaluate when Franchising Your Business
- Options for Expanding Your Business
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program