Do I Have To Modify My FDD To Sell A Franchise In The State Of Minnesota?
Yes. Minnesota is a franchise registration state with its own state specific franchise laws. When registering a franchise in the State of Minnesota or offering or selling a franchise in or from the State of Minnesota, Franchisors must ensure that their FDD's include Minnesota state specific provisions and legal modifications. Typical state specific modifications required by the state of Minnesota include and relate to:
- recovery of expenses associated with use of the franchisor's marks;
- notice of termination;
- general release prohibitions; and
- application of Minnesota's Franchise Law.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program