How to Apply for a Fractional Franchise Exemption in New York?
If you qualify for a fractional franchise exemption and are going to be relying on this exemption in a franchise offering in New York, you must first file an exemption request with the New York State Department of Law. With your exemption notice, you must submit a check in the amount of $150 payable to the New York State Department of Law, a sworn written statement from a principal of the franchisor clearly detailing the criteria for the exemption, and a Notice of Appearance Form. Generally, the New York State Department of law will notify you if an exemption submission is incomplete.
Learn more about New York's franchise laws and registration requirements.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program