Florida Franchise Registration and Franchise Law
Florida Franchise Registration Status: Filing State
State Filing Fee: $100.00
The laws concerning franchising vary from state to state. Some states required that you register your franchise prior to offering or selling franchises in the state. The State of Florida is a franchise filing state. There is a business opportunity law in this state that is enacted. Chapter 559.8 of the Florida Sale of Business Opportunities Act contains information concerning the regulation of trade, commerce and investments, and includes an exemption for franchises.
Florida Franchise Filing Information
To qualify for the exemption for franchises in Florida your franchise must:
- Meet the definition defined by the Federal Trade Commission regulations entitled "Disclosure Requirements and Prohibitions Concerning Franchising and Business Opportunity Ventures"
- File a notice with the department, on a form adopted by the department stating that you are in compliance of the FTC and pay a fee of $100.00.
The mailing address for the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is Plaza Level 10, The Capitol, 400 South Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida Exemption for Franchises
- Florida Department of Revenue
For additional information on state franchise laws and registration requirements, click here. If you are interested in learning more about how we assist franchisors with state and national franchise compliance, visit our Franchise Counsel Program page.