What Do I Have To Do Once My Trademark Is Registered?
Obtaining a registered trademark is just the beginning. In order to maintain the protection afforded by the registered trademark, you have to:
- File your continued use declarations in accordance with the specified time periods established by the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
- Police your trademark to make sure that no one else is infringing on your registered trademark;
- Continually monitor and make sure that all of the goods you sell or services you provide are covered by the trademark; and
- Continually monitor and make sure that you are protected in every applicable territory where protection is needed.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can help protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program