What Is An "Intent To Use" Trademark Application?
An “Intent to Use” trademark application allows the applicant to file a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office before utilizing the trademark in commerce. Assuming that the “Intent to Use” application is accepted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, you will only obtain registration if you eventually use the trademark in commerce. Following approval and use, additional filings must be made with the United States Patent and Trademark Office evidencing the use.
Learn More About Trademarks And How To Protect Your Brand
To learn more about trademarks and how they can protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at (800) 976-4904 or by email.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program