How Long is a Trademark Valid For?
A trademark has the potential to last indefinitely. However, in order to maintain the trademark, you must use the trademark in commerce and make all of the necessary post-registration maintenance filings. Your trademark will be canceled in the event you fail to make these filings or stop using the trademark in commerce.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can help protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program