Is New York a Business Opportunity State?
No. New York State has not enacted and does not require the registration of "business opportunities". However New York is a "franchise registration state" and does require the registration of franchise documents and disclosures. When evaluating the steps to take - whether selling a business opportunity, issuing a license or selling a franchise, you must give careful consideration of New York's franchise laws as they are quite extensive and may apply to and regulate the relationship that you may be establishing.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program