What Does An "Office Action" Mean?
An “Office Action” is a response to a trademark application by the United States Patent and Trademark Office examiner stating that the there is an issue with the trademark application and that the trademark application will be rejected if no action is taken. Some Office Actions are simple and only require minor modifications. Other Office Actions relate to more complex issues such as the ability of the mark to be registered due to likelihood of confusion with another trademark or that the term is too generic.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can help protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program