Are Partnership Agreements Required In The State Of New York?
They are not "required," but certainly are recommended. However, if you are a member of a New York LLC, then you must have a written member operating agreement. Your partnership agreement should address issues such as voting rights, day-to-day managerial decisions, compensation, buyout rights, what happens in the event of the death or disability of a partner and how partnership disputes may be resolved.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program