What Is The Difference Between "TM" And "®" Symbols?
The “TM” symbol can be used by anyone who is making some type of claim to a set of words, symbols and/or designs. The “®” symbol can only be used after a trademark is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Even if you have filed a trademark application, you cannot use the “®” until official registration is obtained.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at 1 (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program