Can A Geographic Term Be Trademarked?
In certain instances, a geographic term can be trademarked. Unless the geographic term is arbitrary (in connection with the goods or services associated with the geographic term), “secondary meaning” is required for registration.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can help protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at 1 (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program