When Can I Use the "®" Symbol?
The “®” symbol signifies that you have obtained a registered trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. It puts all others on notice that you have obtained protected trademark rights to the word, symbol or design that the “®” is placed next to. You should not use the “®” unless you have formally obtained registration with United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Learn More About Obtaining A Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can protect your brand we recommend that you contact our firm at 1 (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program