Where Should My Trademark Be Filed?
Every business is different but as a general rule, your trademark should be filed in:
- Every territory where your goods are sold or your services are provided;
- Every territory where your goods and/or the components of your goods are manufactured;
- Every territory where your goods and/or the components of your goods are shipped to/from;
- Every territory where research and development is done;
- Every territory where counterfeiting is a problem; and
- Every territory where you anticipate (in the near future) that you will either be selling in, manufacturing in or shipping to/from.
Learn More About Obtaining a Trademark
To learn more about trademarks and how they can protect your brand we recommend contacting our firm at 1 (800) 976-4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program