Can Employers Enforce a Non-Compete Agreement If You're An At-Will Employee?at-will-employees.html
Depends. Courts are highly suspect of “non-compete agreements” in at-will employment relationships. Whether or not a court will enforce a non-compete agreement against an at-will employee depends on whether or not the non-compete restrictions are both (a) “reasonable” and (b) necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose of the employer.
To learn more, order a complimentary copy of Mr. Internicola's book "The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide" by clicking here or calling 800.976.4904.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program