Are Non-Compete Agreements Enforceable?enforceable-non-compete-agreements.html
The answer of enforceability and whether or not your non-compete agreement is enforceable, depends on the circumstances that gave rise to your "non-compete" and the terms of your "non-compete". To be enforceable, non-compete agreements must be reasonable and consistent with the legal and contractual obligations between the parties. The first step in evaluating and determining whether or not a non-compete is enforceable is to evaluate the contractual relationship between the parties, i.e., such as an employment agreement, a shareholder agreement, a business purchase agreement and a franchise agreement.
To learn more about the "enforceability" of non-compete agreements, read "Can a Non-Compete Agreement Be Enforceable Against You In New York and New Jersey".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program