What Happens If I Violate The Non-Compete in My Employment Contract?non-compete-violations.html
Assuming that you were a valuable employee with information and access to clients, customer lists and business know how, chances are that your employer will attempt to restrain you from working for a competitor or establishing a competing business. Lawsuits involving employment non-competes are typically commenced in New York and New Jersey by the filing of an emergency motion known as an "order to show cause" where your employer will seek a preliminary injunction and temporary restraints. Every case is different but when it comes to employment non-competes, there are defenses that will be available to you.
To learn more about non-compete agreements, read "Can a Non-Compete Agreement Be Enforceable Against You In New York and New Jersey".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program