What Makes a Non-Compete Agreement Enforceable?what-are-enforceable-non-compete-agreements.html
To be enforceable non-compete agreements must (a) serve a legitimate business purpose, and (b) be reasonable. To properly determine and evaluate the legitimacy of a business purpose and the reasonableness of the non-compete, courts will evaluate the agreement and relationship that gave rise to the non-compete, for example, is the non-compete the result of an employment relationship, a shareholder / partnership relationship, or a business relationship?
To learn more about non-compete agreements, read "Can a Non-Compete Agreement Be Enforceable Against You In New York and New Jersey".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program