What is a Non-Compete Agreement?what-are-non-compete-agreements.html
A "Non-Compete Agreement" is a common contractual provision in executive employment agreements, business purchase and sale agreements, franchise agreements and other agreements that restricts (and sometimes prohibits) an individual from working with or for a business competitor or from establishing a competing business. If you signed an agreement with a "non-compete" or "non-competition clause", your ability to work for a competitor or to establish a competing business may be prohibited.
LEARN MORE: To learn more about non-compete agreements, read "Can a Non-Compete Agreement Be Enforceable Against You In New York and New Jersey".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program