What Information Is Required For Franchise Renewal In California?
The California franchise renewal process requires that a California Renewal Application be submitted in the same format as the original registration and must also include all documents that are required for initial registration. Franchisors must acknowledge in their cover letter whether documents and exhibits will be submitted at a later time and list the fiscal year.
The franchisor's financial statement for the most recent fiscal year must be certified as an audit by an independent CPA. Submit a manually executed auditor's consent for use of financial statement in the FDD.
Send one complete, updated, clean copy of the FDD and exhibits. If the document is revised send one copy of the changed pages only with the changes marked. Mark changes from the previous filing (But NOT highlighted in color). Do not send extra copies.
Remember to make sure that your FDD is renewed on time.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program