Does Extending or Renewing a Franchise Agreement trigger a Franchisor's FDD Disclosure Obligation?
No. Under the Federal franchise Rule the extension or renewal of a franchise agreement does not constitute a franchise sale and therefore does not trigger a franchisors FDD disclosure obligation provided that there has been no interruption in the franchisee's business operations and provided that the renewal agreement does not differ materially from the original agreement.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program