Must a FDD be Amended Prior to Negotiating and Changing a Franchise Agreement?
No - if the change benefits the franchisee and was negotiated by the franchisee. If, as a franchisor, (a) in the course of a franchise agreement negotiation the franchisee requests a franchise agreement modification, and (b) the modification is for the benefit of the franchisee, then you do not need to amend or modify your FDD with regard to that particular franchise sale transaction.
If you are an existing franchisor, learn more about Charles N. Internicola's cost effective and risk reducing general counsel program for franchisors. This program is designed to provide a continuous compliance program, reduce risk and balance out legal fees and compliance costs.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program