What Is A Franchisor's "Affiliate" Under The Federal Franchise Rule?
Under the Federal Franchise Rule an affiliate is defined as a person:
- Which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, a franchisor; or
- Which directly or indirectly owns, controls, or holds with power to vote, 10 percent or more of the outstanding voting securities of a franchisor;
- Which has, in common with a franchisor, one or more partners, officers, directors, trustees, branch managers, directors, trustees, branch managers, or other persons occupying similar status or performing similar functions.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program