Does The Transfer Of An Existing Franchise Trigger A Franchisor's FDD Disclosure Obligations?
No. Under the Federal franchise Rule a franchisee's transfer of an existing franchise agreement does not constitute a franchise sale and therefore does not trigger a franchisors FDD disclosure obligation provided that the franchisor has not had significant involvement with the prospective transferee.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program