What is a Trade Secret in a Franchise?
When it comes to franchises and franchise systems "trade secrets" constitute information that (a) is maintained as confidential by the franchisor, (b) relates to unique business operations, methods and procedures of the franchise systems, (c) is typically disclosed to franchisees in the confidential operations manual, and (d) is not known to the public in general.
It is critical that franchisors implement legal systems and procedures to identify and protect trade secrets.
Learn more about The Internicola Law Firms general counsel program from franchisors - a program that systematically identifies and protects trade secrets.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program