What do Trademarks Cover?
Trademarks are most commonly associated with the name of your business. However trademark a protection may also extend to slogans, product names, logos, images and even sounds that are utilized by your business and unique to your business.
To obtain a federally registered trademark, you'll need to submit an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. A trademark can protect intellectual property such as:
- The name of your business;
- A website domain name;
- An image;
- A symbol or logo;
- A slogan or phrase;
- Colors that identify your business or brand;
- A product design; and
- A particular way of packaging your product.
When you register your trademark(s), you can look at it as a way of branding your business. This will allow you to build recognition of your specific product or brand.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program