What You Need to Know Before Signing a Franchise Agreement
If you are about to go through the exciting process of buy a franchise there are some factors you should consider prior to signing a franchise agreement. It is important to conduct proper due diligence prior to investing your money and time in a franchise. Due diligence should include speaking to current and former franchisees, speaking with the franchisor about any concerns you may have, and investigate the franchise failure/success rate.
It is important to discuss the following factors regarding buying a franchise with your franchise lawyer prior to signing a franchise agreement:
- Upfront franchise fee;
- Recurring franchise fees; and
- Satisfaction of the existing franchisees.
Continue reading about Buying a Franchise.
For additional information about Buying a Franchise, we recommend reading:
"An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise".
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program