Support Franchisees Should Expect from Franchisors
There are many variables to consider when buying a franchise. One important variable to understand and consider relates to the support that the franchisor may or may not provide to you. Levels of support should relate to training, marketing and customer development.
When it comes to “marketing”, a franchisors support services should relate to marketing systems that will enable you to:
- Attract prospective customers;
- Communicate with prospective customers; and
- Convert these prospects into satisfied clients;
However, you must be cautious and understand that a franchisor cannot do everything for you and almost all franchises are not “turn-key” (Watch a video about turn-key franchises here).
After evaluating what a franchisor may or may not do for you before you buy a franchise a self-assessment is in order. That is, are you prepared to actively market your new business and are you ready to actively engage in:
- Generating customer lists,
- Promoting your business, and
- Actively managing your “local” marketing campaigns.
Remember, you will get support from the franchisor but you also need to be ready to hit the ground running and to work on your own marketing with the guidance of your franchisor.
Learn More About Buying a Franchise by watching the series here, and ordering a complimentary copy of Mr. Internicola’s book “An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise”.
- Take Your Business from Local Success to National Franchise with The 90 Day Franchise Launch Program
- An Entrepreneurs Guide to Purchasing a Business or Franchise
- ENDWISE: The Guide to Selling Your Business with Peace of Mind
- The New York and New Jersey Partnership Dispute Guide
- Franchise Counsel Program